NWBA interns will work on a variety of significant projects for the duration of the internship that will help increase the overall professionalism and operations of the National Wheelchair Basketball Association.
Please contact Brandon McBeain at firstname.lastname@example.org for questions or to submit an application for the NWBA Internship Program.
Communications, Marketing, Sponsorship, Events, Membership and Operations
• Assist with event and facility management of all NWBA National Tournaments, Development Camps, National Team Try Outs & Training Camps, and other NWBA events.
• Provide customer service to inquiries received and cultivate member relations
• Support role for all camps and clinics
• Update and provide content on organizational website and social media outlets
• Administrative duties (i.e. clerical support, data entry, filing)
• Assist NWBA staff with other duties as assigned or necessary
• Enrolled in a Bachelor degree program at the junior or senior level status, graduate, or enrolled in a Master degree program majoring in Sports Management or related field is preferred.
• Demonstrate leadership capabilities
• Knowledge and familiarity of wheelchair basketball or desire to gain knowledge and familiarity of wheelchair basketball
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Excellent communication and human relations skills.
• Proficient with Microsoft Excel, Word, Power Point & Outlook
• Needs to take direction and work independently at times
• Ability to work weekends and/or holidays during major NWBA events. Out of state travel can be expected.
• Must be able to work a minimum of 20 hours per week during normal business hours. Schedule and hours based on availability and are negotiable.
The NWBA offers for credit internships that can meet academic requirements necessary to complete undergraduate and graduate degrees. The NWBA has served as an approved internship site for credit and volunteer hours required.
The NWBA does offer paid internship opportunities when applicable. Please contact the NWBA to further discuss.
To submit an application for an NWBA internship please include a resume and cover letter. References and writing samples maybe requested. Please submit applications to Brandon McBeain at email@example.com.