1. Does an individual need to be registered with the NWBA before submitting a self-nomination for an open position with the Board of Directors?
NWBA Bylaws do not require a current NWBA membership to be elected for a position with the NWBA Board of Directors. However, if elected or appointed to a Board of Directors position, the individual would then be required to complete a current year NWBA Individual Membership Registration.
2. Can I nominate someone for a Board of Directors position, or is it only self-nominated?
Anyone who is interested in running for a Board of Directors open position must submit a self-nomination. Additional details are outlined within the Board of Directors Election tab.
3. If elected to the NWBA Board of Directors, do I need to vacate any other currently elected/appointed role with the NWBA?
Maybe. If elected to the Board of Directors, Divisional Executive Committee roles will need to be resigned, but NWBA Standing Committee roles may be kept depending upon the position.
4. How do I submit a Divisional Guidelines Amendment Proposal?
The Divisional Guidelines amendment proposal process is different for each Division and is further detailed on the Divisional Annual Meetings tab. Please note that the Divisional Guidelines amendment proposal process is also different than the NWBA Bylaws Amendment proposal process which is further detailed on the Bylaws Amendment tab.
5. Who gets a vote for Board of Directors Elections and Bylaw Amendments? i.e. who is the “voting delegate / membership”
The voting delegate can be the Team Representative or someone else, but either way the voting delegate is the person designated within NWBA Team Registration. By April 25, 2021, Teams must be Registered for the 2020-2021 season AND the respective team representative/voting delegate must have a verified, complete 2020-2021 NWBA Non-Athlete Individual Membership Registration (which includes a Passed Background check and current completed SafeSport Training) to be eligible to vote.
6. How do we update / change the voting delegate for our team?
Teams can update their voting delegate by editing their Team Registration within SportsEngine.
7. Does a voting delegate need to be individually registered as well?
Yes. By April 25, 2021, Teams must be Registered for the 2020-2021 season AND the respective team representative/voting delegate must have a verified, complete 2020-2021 NWBA Non-Athlete Individual Membership Registration (which includes a Passed Background check and current completed SafeSport Training) to be eligible to vote.
8. Can I vote electronically during the Annual Assembly?
Yes. Voting delegates have three options to vote:
9. Who can participate in the Annual Assembly / can any member participate?
All are welcome and strongly encouraged to participate in the Annual Assembly (in-person or electronically). Only the voting delegates from teams registered for the 2020-2021 season (as outlined on the Voting Information tab) are allowed to vote.
10. How can I access the GoToMeeting link to participate in the Annual Assembly?
All NWBA Members can participate by clicking on the GoToMeeting Link: https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/183237661
11. Will there be an opportunity to ask questions during the Annual Assembly?
Yes. As per the NWBA Bylaws, the Annual Assembly will include an opportunity for Members to pose questions to the Board and Executive Director.