The 2022 NWBA Toyota Adult & Junior Wheelchair Basketball National Championships, similar to the event last year, will be again utilizing a "Stay to Play Model" for lodging for the event. Please see below for more information on "Stay to Play Model" which is commonly used in hosting sporting events:
- The “Stay to Play” Model helps ensures the LOC is receiving hotel rebates for room nights associated with our event. This model helps the Local Organizing Committee (LOC) to offset cost from these hotel rebates for LOC to come as close to breakeven on hosting this event as possible.
- The Stay to Play model applies to the host hotel AND any other hotel listed in the Fact Sheet & "Additional Hotels" tab on the nationals webpage.
- There are a variety of hotel properties that are included outside of the hotel host – Wichita Marriot.
- For the purposes of the logistics Visit Wichita/NWBA will email a spreadsheet to all teams invited to nationals that will be requesting their hotel information. Each team will fill one out providing their team name, each team members name, their hotel name, and confirmation number. They will then email this spreadsheet to Visit Wichita; email to be provided.
- The Stay to Play model is vital in helping the NWBA support our Local Organizing Committee and creating an efficient and well-organized event for all participants and attendees.
- A $300 fine will be paid by any team that does not follow the Stay to Play model. This fine will be collected by Visit Wichita.