COLORADO SPRINGS, CO - The Event Sanction Application is now available for those interested in hosting an National Wheelchair Basketball Association (NWBA) sanctioned event for the 2020 -2021 NWBA season. By sanctioning an NWBA event (e.g. single game, tournament, clinic or fundraiser), our goal is to collaborate with you to ensure your event:
1. Has only registered NWBA members competing and coaching
- All participants in the bench areas and on-court are completely registered as a Junior Athlete, Adult Athlete or Non-Athlete with the NWBA. This includes, but not limited to, membership requirements for SafeSport certification and valid background screening for the security of our members and attendees.
2. Has insurance coverage, which supports participants in case of injury
* Note there will not be coverage for liability and accident claims related to COVID-19 regardless of timing, return-to-play protocols or government mandate.
3. Counts towards postseason rankings (if the event includes games)
- Teams must be registered with the NWBA
- Athletes and Non-Athletes must be registered with the NWBA
- We want your games to count
4. Is communicated and marketed to our membership
5. Scores are published (with results and records recognized) online after the event
6. Event is supported by recognized NWBA personnel, which may include officials, classifiers, partners and national office personnel
The 2020-2021 event sanction fee is $25 per event application, which is a freeze on the fee from 2019-20 season (an update from multi-year dues structure listed on bottom of this page). This fee will offset a portion of the costs associated with providing administration support for events and insurance coverage. Insurance costs for the association continue to increase annually. Our goal is to be as thoughtful as possible in balancing costs for membership, although we must continually monitor costs for the NWBA as a business, as well.
For the registration link and additional information please feel free to visit https://www.nwba.org/eventsanction.
The NWBA Policies and Procedures (Section 12: Sanctioned Events) outline the policies to ensure compliance for events for the 2020-21 NWBA season, the NWBA Policies & Procedures can be viewed at https://www.nwba.org/policiesprocedures.
The event host will be provided an Event Resource Guide. The Event Resource Guide will include information on executing event operations, training materials for table officials, the NWBA scorebook and a communication plan for an event. The NWBA is continually working to update and provide new reference materials available in the Event Resource Guide.
Make sure to check the NWBA Calendar for upcoming NWBA sanctioned events by clicking here. By sanctioning your NWBA events, you will ensure that it will be promoted and marketed on the NWBA website and social media channels.
If you have questions please contact Brandon McBeain, Director of Membership Services and Programs, at email@example.com or (719) 266-4082 ext. 108.