The second half of the Men’s Parlaympic Games will commence on Wednesday with the quarterfinals. There are three more games to reach the top of the podium. Team USA will take on the Netherlands at 2:15 p.m. Eastern on Wednesday at Rio Olympic Arena. The winner of that game will then be paired up in the semifinals with the winner of the Turkey vs. Brazil game, that is set for Wednesday at 8 p.m. Eastern.
In the top half of the bracket, Spain and Germany will play each other, and will await the winner of Great Britain vs. Australia in the semifinals.
Notes from Men’s Pool Play:
- Team USA was the only undefeated team in Pool Play at the Rio 2016 Paralympics with a 5-0 record.
- Team USA outscored its opponents, 402-206, the most points scored and the least points scored in Pool Play competition.
- Team USA is leading the game scoring average of all 12 teams with 80.4 points per game. Great Britain is second with 72.8 points per game.
- Team USA is shooting 53.8% from the floor to lead all teams. Great Britain is second, 52.8%
- Team USA leads the tournament with 18 three-point shots, which is 8 more than second place Netherlands.
- Team USA has the least points scored against with 41.2 points per game. Great Britain is second with 52.6 points per game.
- Team USA is tied for third in rebounds per game with 35.6. Spain is leading with 43.4 rebounds per game.
- Team USA is averaging 30.6 assists per game, with a tournament leading 153. Great Britain is second with 122 and averages 24.4.
- Team USA has the least number of fouls called against them with 43 or 8.6 fouls per game.
- Team USA has turned the ball over the least through pool play with 7.6 per game.
- Team USA has the most steals through Pool Play with 54 total, and averages 10.8 per game.
- Team USA has converted 122 points from turnovers, once again leading the field and averages 24.4 per game.
Below are the links to the Rio Paralympic Games Quarterfinals Bracket and Pool Play Statistics for the men’s tournament.
Preliminary Round - Comparative Ranking
Overall Team Statistics
Detailed Team Statistics
Individual Statistics Leaders
Cumulative Statistics - Team USA