The second half of the Women’s Parlaympic Games starts Tuesday with the quarterfinals. There are three more games to reach the top of the podium. Team USA will take on the host country in the late game at 8 p.m. Eastern at Rio Olympic Arena. The winner of that game will then be paired up in the semifinals with the winner of the Great Britain vs. China game, that is set for Tuesday at 4:30 p.m. Eastern.
In the top half of the bracket, Germany and France will meet, with the winner advancing to the semifinals against the winner of the Netherlands and Canada game.
Notes from Women’s Pool Play:
- Team USA is the only undefeated team in the women’s tournament with a 4-0 record.
- Team USA scored the second most points in pool play with 288, with the Netherlands scoring the most with 300 points.
- Team USA has the least points scored against them with 138 points or an average of 34.5 points per game.
- Team USA is shooting the best from the field at 52%, with Canada second with 50.9%.
- Team USA is averaging 72 points per game, which is just behind tournament leader Netherlands with 75 points per game.
- Team USA is averaging 44 rebounds per game, second to the Netherlands 49.8 per game.
- Team USA has dished out 98 assists, the second most of the tournament. The Netherlands leads with 100 assists.
- Team USA has the least fouls called against with 26 or 6.5 per game.
- Team USA has the least turnovers after four games, with 36, an average of 9 per game.
- Team USA is tied with China for the second most fast break points with 73. The Netherlands leads with 89.
Below are the links to the Rio Paralympic Games Quarterfinals Bracket and Pool Play Statistics for the women’s tournament.
Preliminary Round - Comparative Ranking
Overall Team Statistics
Detailed Team Statistics
Individual Statistics Leaders