The NWBA is proud to introduce the NWBA Intercollegiate Player of the Week. This program provides recognition to student-athletes enrolled at one of our member institutions for their achievements on the basketball court during the prior week. This program is interactive for all fans to cast their votes via the NWBA Social Networks.
Fans are encouraged to rank the players below in the comment section, or tag the NWBA accordingly in a post. The college coaches will submit their ballots that account for 80 percent of the points, while online voting will account for the remaining 20 percent.
Please rank the players 1-4, where #1 vote receives 10 points, #2 receives 9 points, etc. The athlete with the most points will be named 2016 NWBA Intercollegiate Player of the Week. If there is a tie, the individual with the most #1 votes wins. If still tied, then most with #2 votes wins. If tied after #3 votes are tallied, players will be named Co-Players of the Week.
Online voting closes on Friday, October 28 at 9 a.m. Mountain. To have your online vote count, comment on the NWBA Facebook page post, or tag the NWBA on Twitter (@nwba).
NWBA Intercollegiate Player of the Week for November 14-20, 2016
Nominees (Alphabetical Order)
David Evjen, Southwest Minnesota State University
David Evjen averaged 15 points, 9 rebounds and 8 assists per game for the weekend at the University of Wisconsin-Whitewater Tournament. David had two triple doubles against the University of Missouri and the Canada Academy. He is averaging 19.5 points per game and 12.4 rebounds per game for the season.
Walter Johnson, Southwest Minnesota State University
Johnson averaged 18 points and 9 rebounds per game for the weekend at the University of Wisconsin-Whitewater Tournament. He had a career high 30 points with the victory over the University of Missouri. Walter is averaging 19.5 points per game this season.
Guthrie Lindquist, University of Wisconsin-Whitewater
Guthrie Lindquist rolled the Warhawks this last weekend to a 5-0 record at the University of Wisconsin-Whitewater Tournament. In five games, Lindquist averaged 11 points, 13.4 assists and 5.8 rebounds per game. They were also able to avenge an opening weekend loss to Southwest Minnesota State University.
Marshall Lindsay, University of Missouri
Lindsay, a junior at Mizzou, led the team in scoring in every game. He averaged 23.3 points per game (93 points in 4 games), 7 rebounds per game and 4.3 assists per game. Marshall was our best player last weekend. His statistics were very good and leadership was outstanding.