Below is an update for the upcoming 2017 U.S. Women’s National Team Selection Camp, scheduled for January 22-26, at the Colorado Springs Olympic Training Center.
If you have additional questions, please contact Anthony Bartkowski via email at email@example.com or by phone at 719-266-4082 ext. 105
Travel to Colorado Springs Olympic Training Center
- The NWBA will try to accommodate athletes who arrive at Denver International Airport with a courtesy shuttle to the Colorado Springs OTC on January 22.
- All athletes must arrive at the Denver International Airport no later than 3 p.m. on January 22.
- All athletes must submit their travel arrangements no later than January 10.
- The NWBA will set up a return shuttle to Denver International Airport for January 25 for all 3 PM or later departing flights. If your flight is before this, we will provide you with local transportation services.
- For athletes traveling into the Colorado Springs Airport, the OTC will provide ground transportation to/from the Airport.
- All athletes will be evaluated on their skills and performance from January 23-25.
- We understand some athletes may have to depart earlier for competitions. If so, the evaluation period of the athletes will conclude at 2 p.m. on January 25.
- The NWBA will conduct a morning practice session on January 26 for those who want to participate, and this will not be considered an evaluation period.
- If you do not have a passport, the NWBA will require you to show that you have initiated the passport process during Training Camp, January 22-26.
- A copy of your application submission or confirmation of submission is all that is required.
- Before you can be named to the Zonal Qualification Team, the NWBA will need a copy of your passport.
- To apply for a U.S. Passport, please visit: https://travel.state.gov/content/passports/en/passports/apply.html
- Athlete Travel Support
- The NWBA is aware travel expenses for this camp may be costly.
- The NWBA has set up an opportunity for athletes to be considered for a travel expense reduction.
- This hardship fund will be determined by the NWBA Executive Director Jim Scherr. To apply for the travel assistance, please write a letter detailing your situation to Jim Scherr by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Those who receive the travel support award will be paid during the Selection Camp to help offset expenditures.
- The funds will be determined on a case by case basis, and all athletes may not receive any support.