The link below provides updates and facts from the CDC on COVID-19.
Looking for the website of a state or territorial health department? The resources in the below link to health departments in all 50 states, 8 US territories and freely associated states, and the District of Columbia.
Click below for news and resources on COVID-19 from the World Health Organization.
Click here for general updates from the United States Olympic & Paralympic Committee on organizational updates, athlete feedback/inquiries, guidance to return to training/travel/events and other information as it relates to Team USA.
Logical steps that you would take to prevent any sickness such as the cold or flu are applicable:
- Get a flu vaccine
- Avoid contact with sick people (if you’re sick, limit contact with others)
- Wash hands constantly, especially after touching surfaces such as doorknobs, elevator buttons, shopping carts and other similar communal surfaces.
- When washing hands, do so for at least 20 seconds at a time, ensuring that you cover the backs of your hands, fingernails and in between each finger. It is especially important to clean hands after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after coughing, sneezing or blowing your nose.
- Cover your nose and mouth with something disposable (like a tissue) when you cough or sneeze. Throw the tissue in the trash after you use it
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth
- Limit handshakes and fist bumps
- Bring extra hand sanitizer with you to all events and use it extensively. Visit Wichita will have extra hand sanitizer on location
- Review symptoms and contact your doctor when symptoms are severe. It is always best to contact your primary care physician and avoid ERs if possible.