1. Does an individual need to be registered with the NWBA before submitting a self-nomination for an open position with the Board of Directors?
NWBA Bylaws do not require a current NWBA membership to be elected for a position with the NWBA Board of Directors. However, if elected or appointed to a Board of Directors position, the individual would then be required to complete a current year NWBA Individual Membership Registration.
2. Can I nominate someone for a Board of Directors position, or is it only self-nominated?
Anyone who is interested in running for a Board of Directors open position must submit a self-nomination. Additional details are outlined within the Board of Directors Election tab.
3. If elected to the NWBA Board of Directors, do I need to vacate any other currently elected/appointed role with the NWBA?
Maybe. If elected to the Board of Directors, Divisional Executive Committee roles will need to be resigned, but NWBA Standing Committee roles may be kept depending upon the position.
4. Is the President an elected position?
Yes. The Membership of the NWBA as outlined in Section 4.3 of the NWBA Bylaws elects the President. The NWBA Board of Directors elects the other Officer positions - Vice President, Treasurer, and Secretary. Please refer to Article 6 / Section 6.2 of the NWBA Bylaws for more details.
5. What is the process for an Athlete Director to be elected to the Board of Directors?
Athlete Directors make up thirty three percent (33%) of the total members of the Board of Directors. Athlete Directors are elected by 10 Year Athletes, and as outlined in Article 11 of the NWBA Bylaws.
6. How do I submit a Divisional Guidelines Amendment Proposal?
The Divisional Guidelines amendment proposal process is different for each Division and is further detailed on the Divisional Annual Meetings tab. Please note that the Divisional Guidelines amendment proposal process is also different than the NWBA Bylaws Amendment proposal process which is further detailed on the Bylaws Amendment tab.
7. Who gets a vote for Board of Directors Elections and Bylaw Amendments? i.e. who is the “voting delegate / membership”
The voting delegate can be the Team Representative or someone else, but either way the voting delegate is the person designated within NWBA Team Registration. Please note the deadlines and requirements to be eligible to vote as outlined on the Voting Information Deadlines and tabs respectively.
8. How do we update / change the voting delegate for our team?
Teams can update their voting delegate by editing their Team Registration within SportsEngine.
9. Does a voting delegate need to be individually registered as well?
Yes. By January 30, 2022, Teams must be Registered, and the respective Team Representative/Voting Delegate must hold a current season verified complete Non-Athlete Membership Registration to be eligible to vote (which includes a passed background screen and a current completion of SafeSport Training).
10. Can I vote electronically during the Annual Assembly?
Yes. Voting delegates have three options to vote:
11. Who can participate in the Annual Assembly / can any member participate?
All are welcome and strongly encouraged to participate in the Annual Assembly (in-person or electronically). Only the eligible voting delegates from eligible teams registered for the current season (as outlined on the Voting Information tab) are allowed to vote.
12. How can I access the GoToMeeting link to participate in the Annual Assembly?
All NWBA Members can participate by clicking on the GoToMeeting Link: https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/604243309
13. Will there be an opportunity to ask questions during the Annual Assembly?
Yes. As per the NWBA Bylaws, the Annual Assembly will include an opportunity for Members to pose questions to the Board and Executive Director.